Monday, December 9, 2013

The hunting season so far and Chrismas.

So, I've been busy sitting in tree stands and waiting for deer to pop out so naturally I haven't had time to update the blog. So far things have been going well though, and after a few near-misses I managed to bag a couple of does the Monday before Thanksgiving.


Yum. Anyhow I'm going to strive to fill my remaining two tags in the coming weeks, and I really want some antlers, so my goal is to hold out for one of the bucks that's been running around the property.

But after my tags are filled, or the season is over (at the end of this month), I'm not entirely sure what to do next. I am interested in trying to hunt coyotes. I saw one while sitting in Statesville and even took a shot with my bow, but missed. The other thing I want to try is hog hunting. Hunting both of these animals is legal at night here in NC, so I am tempted to ask for a night-vision monocular for Christmas. Let me know if you think this is a dumb idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment